ATTORNEY AT LAW
Daymen Robinson is a Norfolk, Virginia native and graduate of Granby High School. Upon graduating from high school, he went on to Norfolk State University (NSU) where he graduated cum laude with a B.A. in Political Science with a Pre-Law concentration. While attending NSU, Robinson was an active member of the National Political Science Honor Society, Thurgood Marshall Pre-Law Club and NSU wrestling team.
Robinson went on to attend the Marshall–Wythe School of Law at the College of William & Mary, the oldest law school in the country, where he received his Juris Doctorate. At William & Mary, Robinson was the esteemed recipient of both the school’s Oliver Hill and Thurgood Marshall Awards. Robinson is committed to the Marshall–Wythe School of Law’s “philosophy of the citizen lawyer, the Jeffersonian ideal of the lawyer as skilled advocate and devoted public servant.”
Before going into private practice, Robinson served as an Assistant Public Defender for the City of Norfolk. He defended adult and juvenile cases involving misdemeanor and violent felonies, including murder, robbery, rape, aggravated assault, drug possession and distribution, as well as gun-related offenses. His experience includes both bench and jury trials in both state and federal courts.
Robinson has drafted and argued petitions and appeals before the Virginia Court of Appeals and Virginia Supreme Court. Robinson is a member of the South Hampton Roads Bar Association, National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Virginia Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers and Virginia Trial Lawyers Association.
- Criminal Law 80%
- Personal Injury 10%
- Family Law 10%
- William and Mary School of Law Distinguished Alumni
- Inside Business Top 40 Under 40
- Virginia Business Legal Elite
- Coastal Virginia Top Lawyers
- Commonwealth v. White (VA 2017)
- Small v. Commonwealth (VA 2016)
- Small v. Commonwealth (Va. App. 2016)
- White v. Commonwealth (Va. App. 2016)
- Hyman v. Commonwealth (Va. App. 2012)
- Katz v. Commonwealth (Va. App. 2010)
- Perry v. Commonwealth (Va. App. 2010)
- Evans v. Commonwealth (Va. App. 2007)
- Hayes v. Commonwealth (Va. App. 2009)